This secured dataset includes record level County Court Judgements from 2015 to 2021. The first two quarters of 2022 are also available for application now.
Data included for each type of debtor:
- Consumer/ Commercial
- Corporate/ Non-Corporate
- Value of judgement
- Debtor and creditor details
- Location details
Record level data is only available through the CDRC secure facilities - the JDI in UCL and Liverpool Secure Lab. LSOA level aggregate secured data can be made available for use through the UCL Data Safe Haven virtual trusted research environment.
The aggregate level LSOA data from 2015 to 2022Q2 include.
- Total number of judgements
- Total value of judgements
- Average value of judgement
- Number of CCJs with a value less than £250
- Number of CCJs with a value less than £500
- Number of CCJs with a value less than £1,000
- Number of CCJs with a value greater than £1,000
This data aggregated to a MSOA level is available as a Safeguarded product.
Potential topics for study include:
- Work on a way to derive and publish a set or range of economic health indicators
- Predict the future trend of these economic health indices
- Use data to highlight exceptions and process inefficiencies in public sector entities e.g. exception reporting on court timelines, outcomes that are outside expected benchmarks, highlighting court inefficiencies, bottlenecks or process flaws
- Improve existing data accuracy and gaps e.g. impute missing or inaccurate data
- Explore issues around CCJs and fraud – tackle the myth of the ‘unsound’ CCJ
- The effect of politics on indebtedness, what relationships are there between Government, national political representation, local representation and indebtedness?
- Development of the the Financial Stress Tracker produced by Registry Trust, to include the self-employed, those on low income, those who have been impacted by COVID and other factors.
- The opportunity to focusing solely on Scotland, or Northern Ireland as these regions have had less focus at Registry Trust.
- A closer insight into those taking out a judgment, for example which are the most forthright? Why might this be? Are there spatial or temporal trends?
For more information, please check out our blog post.
2015 - 2021
Minimum Temporal Unit
Data and Resources
|Release Date|| |
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Location|| |
Record; LSOA Aggregate