Aggregated County Court Judgement Records are from 2001 up to the year 2022Q3 for England and Wales, and from 2008 to 2015 for Scotland. Consumer debtor data is available at the aggregated Middle Layer Super Output Areas (MSOA) level and Local Authority District (LAD).
- Total number of Judgments
- Total value of Judgments
- Average value of Judgments
- Number of CCJs with a value less than £250
- Number of CCJs with a value less than £500
- Number of CCJs with a value less than £1,000
- Number of CCJs with a value greater than £1,000
The County Court Judgements secure data for England and Wales from 2015 is available at a record level as a Secure product.
Potential topics for study include:
- Work on a way to derive and publish a set or range of economic health indicators
- Predict the future trend of these economic health indices
- Use data to highlight exceptions and process inefficiencies in public sector entities e.g. exception reporting on court timelines, outcomes that are outside expected benchmarks, highlighting court inefficiencies, bottlenecks or process flaws
- Improve existing data accuracy and gaps e.g. impute missing or inaccurate data
- Explore issues around CCJs and fraud – tackle the myth of the ‘unsound’ CCJ
- The effect of politics on indebtedness, what relationships are there between Government, national political representation, local representation and indebtedness?
- Development of the the Financial Stress Tracker produced by Registry Trust, to include the self-employed, those on low income, those who have been impacted by COVID and other factors.
- A closer insight into those taking out a judgment, for example which are the most forthright? Why might this be? Are there spatial or temporal trends?
For more information, please check out our blog post.
2001 - 2022
Minimum Temporal Unit
Data and Resources
- CCJ Geographic Coveragecsv
Geographic distribution of variables across UK administrative areas.Preview Download
- CCJ Descriptive Statistics (Numeric)csv
Descriptive statistics on numeric variables.Preview Download
- CCJ Descriptive Statistics (Categorical)csv
Descriptive statistics on categorical variables and frequencies.Preview Download
|Release Date|| |
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Location|| |