The collection of bicycle sharing systems datasets are available for a number of urban areas across the UK and Ireland. Each dataset comprises of:
Repeated observations of numbers of bicycles and empty spaces available at each of the docking stations that comprise the urban area's primary bicycle sharing system. The observations are collected from the system's data feed at generally 2 minute intervals. Some older data were collected at 10 minute intervals.
- Summary observations of the numbers of bicycles reported as being available in the system, at generally the same frequency as the individual docking station observations.
- Locations, operator IDs and names of former and current docking stations in the system.
- A summary analysis and graph, showing how the numbers of bicycles available has varied with time, based on this data.
Data is available for the following collection of urban areas:
- London (Santander Cycles)
- Edinburgh (Just Eat Cycles)
- Cardiff (Nextbike)
- Glasgow (Nextbike)
- Belfast (Just Eat Belfast Bikes)
- Norwich (Beryl Bikes)
- Watford (Beryl Bikes)
- Hereford (Beryl Bikes)
- Bournemouth (Beryl Bikes)
- Brighton (BTN Bikeshare)
- Dublin (NOW TV dublinbikes)
Please state which urban area you are interested in, when applying, under the Purpose section.
Minimum Temporal Unit
Data and Resources
- Bicycle Sharing System Docking Station Observations Data Profilepdf
Bicycle Sharing System Docking Station Observations Data Profile
- Sample data row (London BSS)csv
A sample row from the main (individual docking station observation) file....
|Release Date|| |
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Location|| |