This is a quick overview of working with spatial data in R. You can complete it as either a stand alone course, or as a recap before moving on to more advanced work with spatial data in R.
It is split into three sections, each with a short video clip and a series of commands to work through:
- Part 1: What is R & how does it work?
- Part 2: Mapping spatial data in R
- Part 3: Working with Loops in R
If you are new to R, expect this to take between 1 and 2 hours to work through. It is recommended that you take a break between each part.
After completing this material, you will:
- Be able to use R to read in CSV data
- Be able to use R to read in spatial data
- Know how to plot spatial data in R
- Know how to customize colours and classifications
- Understand how to use loops for multiple maps
To access the course, click on Download next to the 'Short Course on Using R as a GIS - Workbook' file below. It is recommended that you have the course material open in one window, and RStudio open in another window next to it, using either a big monitor, or two monitors. If you have any comments or feedback, please email us.
CDRC periodically run training course featuring the material in this course. Please sign up to our mailing list, check out our website https://www.cdrc.ac.uk or email email@example.com for more details.
Data and Resources
|Release Date|| |
|Contact Name|| |
|Public Access Level|| |